Dalton Bridge to Moor Park
If this is your thinking, this stretch is for you: I am keen for some white water today, but not that rough and tough type stuff. I want to be out there with the family, with the kids and all. The thrills and spills I am not interested in, the small bumps the beginner paddler would experience as exciting is what I am after. I don’t want to sit out there for hours either, just an hour or two will do. Bottom line, anyone can do it.
- Reviews (0)
Region: Bushmans River (near the town of Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal).
Duration: Half day, 1-2 hours on the water.
What you will get: All equipment and guiding, transport to and from the river and lunch. Please note, depending on group size you might have to get yourself to the put-in.
When to go: Best during high summer (October-March). It could however be done as late as May.
Itinerary rating: Easy. Anyone can come.
You will need:
- You will need sun block and extra drinks for on river.
- Your regular swim wear, the same as what you would wear to the swimming pool.
- Shoes are recommended. Don’t bring running shoes. Use something like sandals that fasten around your feet.
- On a rainy or overcast day it can get cold on the river, even in high summer! A light wind breaker or something similar is recommended. Don’t bring heavy and bulky clothing.
- A t-shirt (preferably not cotton) can be worn underneath your life jacket. It helps keeping sunburn to a minimum.
- Dry clothing for after the paddle.