Riversdale to Bushmans River Camp
This section of the Bushmans River is one of those highly featuristic sections. There is a lot happening on the water, all runnable! Waterfalls, waterslides, weirs, technical rapids, you name it! And it is remote, with some really nice bush all around. There is no chance that you will be seeing anyone else on the river. When this river gets going it becomes very exciting. The rapids becomes quite long with some really nice play waves in between. Yeah!
- Reviews (0)
Region: Bushmans River (near the town of Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal).
Duration: Half day, 2-3 hours on the water.
What you will get: All equipment and guiding, transport to and from the river and lunch. Please note, depending on group size you might have to get yourself to the put-in.
When to go: Best during high summer (October-March). It could however be done as late as May.
Itinerary rating: Moderate to extreme. Children younger than eight years of age will not be permitted to take part.
You will need:
- You will need sun block and extra drinks for on river.
- Your regular swim wear, the same as what you would wear to the swimming pool.
- Shoes are recommended. Don’t bring running shoes. Use something like sandals that fasten around your feet.
- On a rainy or overcast day it can get cold on the river, even in high summer! A light wind breaker or something similar is recommended. Don’t bring heavy and bulky clothing.
- A t-shirt (preferably not cotton) can be worn underneath your life jacket. It helps keeping sunburn to a minimum.
- Dry clothing for after the paddle.