Terms and Conditions
- All outings are environment and weather dependant. No refunds will be made should the environment or weather not permit a certain activity. However, if a certain activity cannot be carried out alternative arrangements will be discussed.
- Logistically, all of the activities are mostly dependant on environmental conditions (such as weather, water levels, road conditions etc.) and where you are (like you might be on your way from Johannesburg, camping in the Drakensberg or living somewhere in the area). As soon as your booking is confirmed the necessary arrangements will be made.
- Itchyfeet has the right to withdraw or cancel any activity at any time and without prior notice, especially should the participant(s) fall ill, or times of unlawful, improper or unsuitable behaviour. In such cases no refunds will be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to be at the agreed venue on time as no-shows or latecomers are not compensated.
- Alternations to itineraries (made by the guest) will not be compensated.
- Participation in good health is expected of all participants. It is the participant’s responsibility to inform his or her guide of any medical or health-related issues.
- In cases of equipment rentals the borrower/hirer assumes all risk of loss, theft or destruction of any cause whatsoever and shall be kept in good repair and condition. The borrower/hirer agrees to replace all missing and damaged or broken equipment in its entirety or pay the replacement amount of such equipment. Repairing or only replacing parts of such equipment will not be accepted.
- Alcohol is strictly not allowed.
- No Scholars under the age of 8 years will be allowed to partake in river activities.
Reservations and Payment
- A 50% non-refundable deposit of the full invoiced amount will secure a booking.
- For your outing to continue, the full amount must be paid no less than 7 days prior to commencement date. If the balance is not paid 7 days prior to commencement date, Itchyfeet will, at own discretion and without notice, regard the booking as cancelled and re-book the vacancy if required.
- For cancellations made 0-7 days prior to the date of arrival, no refunds of the amount are paid.
- For cancellations made 8-15 days prior to the date of arrival, 50% of the amount paid will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 15 days or more prior to the date of arrival, a full refund will be made.
- Costs due to amendments of bookings less than 7 days prior to date of arrival will not be credited.
- Written instruction is required to cancel a reservation, including bank details. The applicable amount will be refunded within 2 working days.