Bergville to Spioenkop Dam
This is our comfortable and classic one-day white water rafting session. Where else, than the Tugela River? This is truly one of South Africa’s best white water destinations. The trip starts in the town of Bergville and finishes where the river flows into the Spioenkop Dam. You are looking at a trip of about 5-
- Reviews (0)
Region: Upper Tugela River (around the town of Winterton, KwaZulu-
Duration: 1 day.
What you will get: All equipment and guiding, lunch and transport back to your vehicle(s) from the take-
When to go: Best during high summer (October-
Itinerary rating: Moderate and friendly. Children younger than eight years of age will not be permitted to take part.
You will need:
- You will need sun block and extra drinks for on river.
- Your regular swim wear, the same as what you would wear to the swimming pool.
- Shoes are recommended. Don’t bring running shoes. Use something like sandals that fasten around you feet.
- On a rainy or overcast day it can get cold on the river, even in high summer! A light wind breaker or something similar is recommended. Don’t bring heavy and bulky clothing.
- A t-
shirt (preferably not cotton) can be worn underneath your life jacket. It helps keeping sunburn to a minimum.
- Dry clothing for after the paddle.