The Mellow Tugela
Don’t expect any white water, because there is none. This outing is for those nature lovers who couldn’t be bothered about the thrills and spills of white water rafting. If you’re one of those preferring to head down river with a pair of binoculars around your neck and birding book on you lap, this is for you. One-
- Reviews (0)
Region: Anywhere on the upper Tugela River (around the town of Winterton, KwaZulu-
Duration: 1 day or multi-
What you will get: All equipment and guiding, transport back to your vehicle(s) from the take-
When to go: Year round, best during high summer (October-
Itinerary rating: Easy. Bring the whole family! Kids too!
You will need:
- You will need sun block and extra drinks for on river.
- Your regular swim wear, the same as what you would wear to the swimming pool.
- Shoes are recommended. Don’t bring running shoes. Use something like sandals that fasten around you feet.
- On a rainy or overcast day it can get cold on the river, even in high summer! A light wind breaker or something similar is recommended. Don’t bring heavy and bulky clothing.
- A t-
shirt (preferably not cotton) can be worn underneath your life jacket. It helps keeping sunburn to a minimum.
- Dry clothing for after the paddle. If you get wet.